The Alaska Department of Fish and Game will host a preseason commercial shellfish stakeholders' meeting on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10 a.m. at the Harbor House in King Cove. The purpose of this meeting is to provide commercial stakeholders an opportunity to discuss the 2011 South Alaska Peninsula Area Tanner crab and state waters Pacific cod fisheries with ADF&G management staff. This meeting is open to the public and all interested parties are encouraged to attend. Sand Point residents may participate by teleconference at the Borough Building. False Pass residents may participate by teleconference at the City Office.
Topics to be covered include:
- 2011 Tanner crab and Pacific cod guideline harvest levels (GHLs)
- Commercial shellfish and groundfish fishing regulations
- ADF&G management strategies
- In-season catch reporting and dockside sampling
- Statewide king and Tanner crab Board of Fisheries proposals
- Other shellfish or groundfish issues as time permits
For additional information, please contact March Stichert with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game in Kodiak at (907) 486-1840.